From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] keeping a binpkg-chroot up to date
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 16:41:46
1 Hi!
2
3 > But how do I keep those nfroots up to date?
4 > I was thinking about:
5 > # emerge sync && emerge --update --deep --newuse world
6 > # ROOT=/nfsroot/client01 emerge --update --deep --newuse --usepkg world
7 > but that seems not to work.
8 >
9 > Anything I've missed there?
10
11 I would also be very interested in such a feature, but I don't think
12 it's possible at the moment...
13 One solution would be to write a small script, which reads all the
14 needed informations out of $CHROOT/var/db/pkg/*/*. Afterwards the
15 scripts checks each "extracted" package if it needs updating (the normal
16 emerge -uvk category/package way).
17
18 However, this is what portage was made for, so it would probably make
19 more sense to implement it there ;)
20
21 regards
22 Chris