From: Michael Baecker <michael@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Dynamic DNS Server setup?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:59:42
1 Hello,
2
3 the only thing I have is a dhcp enabled dns server. dhcp leases are
4 entered in the dns database
5
6 Could this help?
7
8 Michael
9
10 > Hello All,
11 >
12 > I have a question, has anybody on the list setup a Dynamic DNS server to
13 > replace WINS, DHCP setup. We have a lot of issues with IP conflicts,
14 > because admins are not excluding IPs and Techs are not assigning printers
15 > IPs in the static range. To eliminate this possibility I would like to
16 > setup a Dynamic DNS server, so if someone can provide a good source of
17 > information or if anyone has knowledge of setting this up please post
18 > information.
19 >
20 > Thank you,
21 > Greg Old