From: Jacob Walcik <jwalcik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] protecting particular versions?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:34:41
1 i've looked in the portage handbook, and i'm digging in the forums
2 now, but i can't seem to find a way to do this.
3
4 i've got a production postgres database server running gentoo. this
5 morning, when updating my desktop (also running gentoo) i noticed that
6 a new version of postgres is available.
7
8 is there some way to tell the postgres server (and the machines that
9 use postgres client libraries to connect to it) to ignore that update?
10 i seem to recall there being a mechanism through which you can
11 protect certain packages to prevent updates from being applied.
12
13 glsa-check looks interesting, but doesn't satisfy my requirement of
14 packages on production machines only being installed from tested
15 binaries built on a dev machine (unless i'm missing something).
16
17 thanks!
20 jacob walcik
21 jwalcik@×××××.com