From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:40:41
1 Hi all,
2
3 Starting to play with LDAP :D and having an issue where it doesn't like
4 my fqdn.
5 (openldap 2.2.26)
6
7 In short I would like to know if I can have multiple dc for my rootdn?
8 (it appears I'm limited to 2).
9
10 I want to use dc=au because I'm in Australia, ie:
11 dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
12
13 I can setup ldap using that domain and search it
14
15 *Code:*
16 cephas # ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W
17 Enter LDAP Password:
18 # extended LDIF
19 #
20 # LDAPv3
21 # base <> with scope sub
22 # filter: (objectclass=*)
23 # requesting: ALL
24 #
25 # search result
26 search: 2
27 result: 32 No such object
28 # numResponses: 1
31 but when I use the migration tools and create the base.ldif, importing
32 it fails
33
34 *Code:*
35 cephas # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f
36 /tmp/base.ldif
37 Enter LDAP Password:
38 adding new entry "dc=net,dc=au"
39 ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
40 additional info: no global superior knowledge
43 also, phpldapadmin refuses to create it, with the same error.
44
45 Setting the system up with just dc=domain,dc=net works perfectly
46
47 Is there something special I have to do?
48
49 I can create my rootdn as dc=net,dc=au and then create another dc under
50 that dc=domain, but this is quite ugly and I was hoping I could get all
51 three on the one. if there is no solution I guess I could create the
52 base as dc=au, then subs dc=net and dc=domain.
53
54 Is there something special I have to do?
55
56 Cheers,
57 Chris
58 --