From: Joby Walker <zorloc@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] deployment server over NFS, feedback
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:33:13
1 Andy Dustman wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 10:19, Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
3 >
4 >>Also along these lines: we're trying to develop an SOP document detailing
5 >>how to bootstrap one of these systems prior to fleshing it out from the
6 >>master server. For the same given group of P3s and P4s, would there be
7 >>problems booting these systems from the same Pentium3 Live CD?
10 > A Pentium3 live CD should work just fine on a Pentium4, if I understand
11 > your question.
12
13 I agree. And I would recommend installing the stage2 .tbz2 instead of
14 stage1 and bootstrapping. You can always do a deep emerge from your
15 package base to replace the Live CD software with your standardized
16 packages.
17
18 jbw