From: "Octavio Ruiz (Ta^3)" <tacvbo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] 1000Mbps NIC Getting 100Mbps speeds
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:24:41
1 Octavio Ruiz, who happens to be smarter than you, thinks:
2 > fire-eyes, who happens to be smarter than you, thinks:
3 > > I have installed a 1000Mbps NIC in my system. This is the system some of
4 > > you read about me where I was trying to swap the names of eth0 and eth1
5 > > so maybe that has something to do with my problem.
6 > >
7 > > The light on the NIC shows 1000Mbps link, as does the switch it is
8 > > connected to. Kernel messages show the link as autonegotiated, and
9 > > 1000Mbps.
10 > >
11 > > I'm stumped here, any ideas?
12 >
13 > 100Mbps -> 10MBps
14 > 1000Mbps -> 100MBps
15 >
16 > bits != Bytes.
17
18 > > The problem is that I get speeds just as if it were a 100Mbps link,
19 > > starting at about 9MB/s then dropping to about 8.
20
21 Ahh ugg yug.. sorry. Did'nt read it :-S
24 Duckies are fun!
25 --
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list