To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: requirements for a more stable portage tree
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:26:32
1 On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 04:46, Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > > There are some plusses to having the database backend: Centralized tree,
3 > > and fast queries. Downside: Extra complexity, and how often do you need
4 > > to query the tree anyway?
7 > I like Linux and I love Gentoo's wide selection of applications. I'm
8 > constantly poking around the portage tree... :')
9
10 emerge esearch
11 and run "eupdatedb" after you've synced
12
13 It's not THE solution, but I like/use it verry much
14
15 R.