From: Tomek Lutelmowski <tomek@×××××.pl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] "hardened" flag ignored after portage update ...
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:55:19
1 On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:09:55 -0400, Mike Kelly wrote
2 > On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:40:50 +0200
3 > "Tomek Lutelmowski" <tomek@×××××.pl> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I have USE="hardened" in /etc/make.conf set, however since portage
6 > > upgrade this seems to be ignored. Even when I do
7 > >
8 > > USE="hardened" emerge -pv gcc
9 > >
10 > > Portage still unsets hardened flag. Im using amd64/2006.1/no-multilib
11 > > profile. Do you have any ideas?
12 >
13 > In order to USE hardened, you must use a hardened profile. On other
14 > profiles, the use flag is masked, which means no amount of coaxing on
15 > your part will cause portage to set it. You may want to look at the
16 > Hardened FAQ[1] for more information.
19 Thanks, is there a way to stay with current profile and hardmask "hardened"
20 flag? I dont want to switch to hardened profile because I would like to
21 maintain "nomultilib", pure 64-bit system.
22 --
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list