From: Leon Schoorl <leon_schoorl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: authomatically renice compilations processes upon system load
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:45:22
1 As I see it you there is no need to change it
2 dynamicly: with a high nice value a process runs
3 slowly with a high system load, and faster with a low
4 system load. So adjusting the niceness to the system
5 load wouldn't help much (if at all).
6
7 Leon Schoorl
8
9 --- Andrea Ferraris <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it> wrote:
10 > Matthew Baxa wrote:
11 >
12 > > # PORTAGE_NICENESS provides a default increment to
13 > emerge's niceness
14 > > level.
15 > > # Note: This is an increment. Running emerge
16 > in a niced environment
17 > > will
18 > > # reduce it further. Default is unset.
19 > > #PORTAGE_NICENESS=3
20 >
21 > Thx.
22 > Yes. But, if I understand well that it's not
23 > something of dynamic, that
24 > could increase the unniceness of the emerging if the
25 > system load
26 > decreases or further increase the niceness in case
27 > of higher system load.
30 > Andrea Ferraris
31 >
32 > --
33 > If this message isn't electronically signed (digital
34 > authentication),
35 > then it could come from anybody, also from who
36 > appears as the sender.
43 ___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com