From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sendmail
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:05:31
1 khurram bhatti wrote:
2 > thanx for the links,
3 > well where I have major concern is on emails/sec for mailing list purpose
4 > as mentioned it sends 200+ emails/min* and then drops to 49 emails/min in next
5 > campaign, 1.35 emails/min, this changing behaviour is my big concern here.
6 > RAM,CPU,I/O is good.
7 >
8 > well facing this problem after new server install!
11 You're still pretty short of details here.
12
13 How many email total are you trying to send per campaign?
14 How much time is passing before you start the next campaign?
15 Is you queue completely empty before you start the next campaign or is
16 it still full of crap that can't be delivered therefore bogging down the
17 queuing process?
18 Are you monitoring your logs to make sure that providers aren't marking
19 you as spam, can resolve your domain, putting a temp block on your for
20 sending, etc etc.
21 Do you handle bounces on the same server? Do bounces get handled at all?
22 Do you check the RBL lists frequently to make sure that some moron who
23 signed up for your mailing list and then forgot didn't report you to
24 Spamcop, Spamhaus, or other idiot service that does minimal fact
25 checking and got you blacklisted?
26 Conversely do you have an abuse address that someone reads everyday and
27 response to complaints if someone does actually try to contact you
28 before taking action.
29
30 I'd start with your logs and also check you queue to make sure you don't
31 have tons of dead mail sitting around.
32
33 kashani
34 --
35 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list