From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: "cannot I save this LOTS of money?" is about multi-domain web servers.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:32:18
1 Philip Leonard wrote:
2
3 >On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:01:46 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
7 >>Philip Leonard wrote:
11 >>>Just get a wildcard certificate for the domain.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>Sorry? but I called entrust.com and they told me on the phone "one
17 >>certificate for one domain, no wildcard certificate".
18 >>
19 >>Do you know any issuer (that trusted by IE 5.5) could issue wildcard
20 >>certificate?
25 >freessl.com has wildcard certs and they claim a very high percentage of browsers will accept them.
28 How wonderful. I just called up freessl.com the teller told me the
29 wildcard certificate is okay and their certificate is okay (no warning)
30 on IE 5.5!
31
32 Just hope it is true. I'll request a test certificate to check for sure.