From: Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo in corporate environments
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:13:09
1 On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 15:19 -0700, Brant Katkansky wrote:
2 > I had an equally smart-assed response, but thought better of it.
3 >
4 > One should not have to edit code to configure which services start at
5 > boot. Init scripts are code, not configuration.
6
7 Since gentoo doesn't yet distribute from a server-optimized tree the
8 devs have to focus on the main market that exists. That is one or two
9 machines. Until the project that this list exists to promote develops
10 into something concrete, we as server admins have to expect to get our
11 hands dirty occasionally.
12
13 I'm not implying that it is good but condescending complaints that
14 insult other admins with fewer toys are worthless noise.
15
16 I am also not griping about the lack of a gentoo-server distro/tree. I
17 am in fact on this list because it is something that's very important to
18 me.
21 Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>