From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] xen intel vt - slightly [OT]
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:47:04
1 On Wed, 3 May 2006, Francesco Riosa wrote:
2
3 > only one os (dom0) access the hardware, it run at ring 0, on 32 bit
4 > machines there are 5 rings[#1], the other kernels (domU) run at ring 1,
5 > the userspace software always run at ring 5.
6
7 I installed a xen hypervisor and xenified kernel and had no problem
8 booting into a Xen environment. The machine crashed when I tried to run X
9 though so I guess there's some more setup needed to run X in a Xen
10 environment.
11
12 Does anyone know or can point me to some resources that show how to do
13 this? Im using DRI with X too so Im thinking that might not be possible
14 with a Xen kernel?
15
16 (This is on a Pentium D box with Intel 945 chipset).
20 A
21 --
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list