From: Wes Kurdziolek <xunil@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Portage Maintenance
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:35:58
1 Ah, I hadn't seen that.
2
3 Andrew Ross wrote:
4 > On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 01:10, Wes Kurdziolek wrote:
5 >
6 >>I hate to ask any more of the Gentoo developers' time, but perhaps we
7 >>can take a page from FreeBSD: folks interested in becoming developers
8 >>(even just for the ports tree) have to go through a tutelage period
9 >>where all the changes they would like to make have to be approved and
10 >>committed by an experienced developer for a certain amount of time
11 >>before the new developer gets his or her commit bits. This could help
12 >>alleviate some of the stress of becoming a package maintainer (writing
13 >>ebuilds, etc.) w/o your work falling into the black hole that Bugzilla
14 >>often becomes.
17 > That doesn't add much to the existing mentoring and probationary periods
18 > described here:
19 >
20 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2#doc_chap3
21 >