From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Oracle 10gR2/libaio
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:04:05
1 On 8/1/05, Maik Musall <lists@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm just trying to install Oracle 10.2.0 on gentoo. The documentation
5 > claims that it requires libaio 0.3.98 (on SuSE SLES 9), while the actual
6
7 Note quite sure where they got "0.3.98" from; apparently no such
8 version exists! libaio-0.3.92 is the latest upstream version.
9
10 > symbol searched for is LIBAIO_0.4.
11 >
12 > gentoo has currently just 0.3.12 available, and that only when enabling
13 > x86 keyword. 0.3.92 is obviously an incomplete ebuild, and I'm also not
14 > sure if that would satisfy the symbol LIBAIO_0.4.
15
16 I'm not quite sure what you mean by "incomplete". It should satisfy
17 the symbol that you refer to (take note of the contents of the
18 libaio.map file from the source tarball). As very few other packages
19 make use of this library then installing it should not be a problem -
20 just unmask and go. Whether Oracle works well on Gentoo is another
21 matter of course.
22
23 > So, has anyone already succeded installing Oracle 10.2? Are there any
24 > workarounds?
27 Perhaps this may help:
28
29 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Install_Oracle_10g