From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: zhen@g.o, frido@××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] upcoming GRP packages for gentoo-server
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:08:55
1 On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 12:22, Frido Ferdinand wrote:
2 > Hi Kurt,
3 >
4 > On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:39:01PM -0500, Kurt Lieber wrote:
5 > > We are going to be offering limited support for a server-specific profile
6 > > (in /usr/portage/profiles/) in the next release of Gentoo. For the most
7 > > part, this profile will be the same as the hardened profile.
8 > >
9 > > Also part of the next release will be GRP support for select packages. So
10 > > far, the list of packages being offered is listed here:
11 > >
12 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/Hardened/grp/x86-hardened-grp-2004.0.spec.txt
13 > >
14 > > Apache is being sorted out and, at a minimum, version 2 will be offered.
15 > >
16 > > If there are apps that you would like to see added, please speak up here.
17 > > Please focus on apps that generally take a lot of time to compile, rather
18 > > than lightweight applications like gentoolkit, etc.
19 >
20 > Interesting, the things listed here arn't heavy weights but would be nice
21 > to have packages for anyway:
22 >
23 I'll fwd this along to zhen to see what he says about inclusion. I know
24 for the most part GRP would like us all to limit the pkgs to ones that
25 take the most time to compile.
26
27 > procmail
28 > rrdtool
29 > lftp
30 > mutt
31 > php (the cli)
32 > net-snmp
33 > mrtg
34
35 > webalizer <-- does this one take long to compile?
36
37 > lsof/strace
38 > xinetd
39 > logrotate
40 >
41 > What kind of USE flags will the GRP set use ?
42 >
43 As of right now they are matching the USE flags which are a trimmed down
44 and minimal version of the default-x86 profiles.
45
46 GRP_STAGE23_USE="x86 berkdb crypt readline nls ssl tcpd zlib pam pic"
47
48 These are the stages testing built (the ones marked pie-ssp)
49 ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/gentoo/experimental/x86/stages
50
51 > Regards,
52 >
53 > -- Frido Ferdinand