From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] apache2 + ssl + multiple virtual hosts
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:50:17
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've some strange problem with apache and SSL since some time I
4 try to address now.
5
6 I've multiple virtual hosts using SSL and I want all them to use _their own_
7 certificates.
8 The problem now is, it seems, that all SSL virtual hosts are using the "in
9 config first declared" SSLCertificate{File,KeyFile}. Each other vhost is
10 using the certs from the first vhost.
11
12 I create my certs using certtool from GnuTLS:
13
14 # certtool --generate-privkey --outfile www.foobar.org.key
15 # certtool --generate-self-signed --load-privkey www.foobar.org.key \
16 --outfile www.foobar.org.cert
17
18 and answer to the questions the tool has. I do this for each SSL-vhost I have.
19
20 Now, I duplicate the http-virtualhost to https-virtualhost and add the
21 following at the end of each https-virtualhost:
22
23 SSLEngine on
24 SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:
25 +eNULL
26 SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/www.foobar.org.cert
27 SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/www.foobar.org.key
28 SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
29 <IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
30 SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
31 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
32 </IfModule>
33
34 This look clear to me, but apache2 now obviousely uses the first parsed
35 SSLCertificateFile/SSLCertificateKeyFile for the second and third etc, too,
36 which is wrong, of course.
37
38 Has anyone a hint on how to fix this issue?
39
40 Best regards,
41 Christian Parpart.
44 01:38:06 up 10 days, 13:17, 4 users, load average: 0.31, 0.41, 0.38