From: Jeremy Brake <gentoolists@×××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] prioritising security updates
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:52:22
1 Hey,
2
3 Is there anything in Portage which will allow me to view security
4 updates, seperate from general version updates?
5 At the moment i have a 5am cron job which runs "emerge --sync && emerge
6 -upvD world" , and i just glance at it as soon as I i sit down at my pc
7 for the day.
8 The problem here is that I cant tell if updates (eg, at the moment it
9 wants to update openssh and apache2) are security patches, or just
10 general version upgrades.
11
12 I know i can use "system" instead of "world" and omit the -D option, but
13 thats not targeting my issue exactly. Is there a way to see which
14 updates are security patches, without having to manually trawl through
15 webpages and changelogs?
16
17 Jeremy
18 --