From: "Wilkins
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] off topic / pam module to mount windows share
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:02:22
1 Currently I'm authenticating users to our Active Directory domain, using Samba/Windbind on our Linux machines. I need to mount a windows share and then autogenerate their home directories on that share, on login (currently home directories are created locally on login, and deleted nightly). The only thing I had found that would allow me to do this was the pam_mount module. I never quite got it to work the way I wanted it to, and after revisiting the site recently, I noticed that it's no longer being maintained. Has anyone done anything similar, or have any suggestions?
2
3 Using another accounts database is not an option and pre-generating the homedirectories is not an option (40,000+ users and frequent additions/deletions).
4
5 Thanks,
6 Vern

winmail.dat application/ms-tnef