From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] virtual/qmail?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 04:52:16
1 Hans sent me this off-list but I thought it important to reply on list for anyone
2 searching the list later... I think this resolves my confusion. The virtual/qmail ebuild
3 won't install any files. It's just for portage's benefit. I get it now. Thank you all for
4 your help!
5
6 b
7
8 Hans Meier (John Doe) wrote:
9 > Just a note:
10 >
11 > If you emerge any of the virtual packages, no files are installed.
12 > I installed about 10 such virtual/* in the last week.
13 >
14 > Here for example the output of emerging virtual/perl-CGI-3.15
17 >>>>Merging virtual/perl-CGI-3.15 to /
18 >>>>Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
19 >>>>virtual/perl-CGI-3.15 merged.
22 > hth,
23 > Hans