From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] uml
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:21:43
1 On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:00:32 -0700
2 Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Or, do I have to do the same stuff as with any other distro?
5
6 Taking a look at the ebuild helps. ;-) For 2.4.24 it downloads the
7 sources, applies various patches, moves the sources to
8 /usr/src/uml-$(PV}${EXTRAVERSION} and creates a symlink
9 /usr/src/uml/linux.
10
11 >From there on you have to everything as usual in regards to UML, no
12 Gentoo specific stuff. There's a nice HOWTO on the Gentoo pages, which I
13 found quite useful the first time I played around with UML:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/uml.xml
16
17 Hope that helps,
18 Michael
21 www.cargal.org
22 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
23 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
24 Registered Linux User #278726