From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] pam-login and shadow conflict
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 03:51:14
1 Barry Marler wrote:
2 > On 5/31/06, A. Khattri <ajai@××××.net> wrote:
5 >> On two of my servers, a recent update is wanting to emerge
6 >> sys-apps/shadow
7 >> but it is blocked by sys-apps/pam-login.
8 >>
9 >> Just wondering if there was some change recently that means switching
10 >> from
11 >> one to the other?
14 > emerge -C sys-apps/pam-login && emerge sys-apps/shadow
17 Thanks! Very good (and simple) advice... though I think I'll still open a couple terminals
18 to be safe (my server's about 1000 miles away).
19
20 b
21
22 PS: Speaking of emerge questions, it's only major version jumps of GCC that require
23 special care (libtool and all that), right? In other words, there's nothing special I need
24 to do for this 3.4.5-r1 to 3.4.6-r1 emerge, right?
25 --
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list