From: Kirk Smith <ksmith@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] show screen over ssh
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:15:07
1 This works, but is less then easily read. Is there a better way or program
2 to parse the screen, perhaps in real time so you can watch a user who's
3 having troubles and give them a hand, etc?
6 > For every ttyX there's a /dev/vcsX with the actual screen.
7 >
8 > Simply, cat /dev/vcs0 , in your case :)
9 >
10 > Cheers,
11 > Dan.
12 >
13 > ----- Original Message -----
14 > From: "Mauro Stettler" <gentoo-list@××××××××××.com>
15 > To: <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
16 > Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:18 PM
17 > Subject: [gentoo-server] show screen over ssh
20 >> hi list
21 >>
22 >> I got a server with running processes on his screen (tty0) and I need to
23 >> know how, what the monitor show's. but the only possibility to access
24 >> the machine is ssh.
25 >>
26 >> Does anybody know an application to show a tty like:
27 >> xxx -t /dev/tty0
28 >>
29 >> thanks
30 >> mauro