From: Haim Ashkenazi <haim@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] advanced routing question
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:17:26
1 On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 06:39 -0400, Bill Roberts wrote:
2 > On 11:37 Sun 24 Apr , Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
3 > > Hi
4 > >
5 > > I just came across this article:
6 > > http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=05/04/10/2132252&from=rss
7 > >
8 > > It seems that I was doing things the hard way (using iproute with
9 > > metrics). the one thing I don't understand is how to prefer one route
10 > > over the other (e.g. when one connection is faster).
11 >
12 > Haim
13 >
14 > Interesting article.
15 >
16 > Maybe the order of the routes in the routing table controls? You could
17 > experiment by reversing the order of the two add default gateway
18 > commands.
19 I'll try this one :)
22 > Another possibility would the the eth number, i.e., eth0 is primary,
23 > eth1 is secondary. You could control this by switching cables (and
24 > appropriate ip's) or by controlling the name assigned to each (see
25 > other recent thread in this mail list).
26 >
27 > Bill Roberts
28 --
29 Haim