From: Sri Gupta <sri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: "cannot I save this LOTS of money?" is about multi-domain web servers.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:33:30
1 On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 10:01:46PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > Philip Leonard wrote:
3 >
4 > >Just get a wildcard certificate for the domain.
7 > Sorry? but I called entrust.com and they told me on the phone "one
8 > certificate for one domain, no wildcard certificate".
9 >
10 > Do you know any issuer (that trusted by IE 5.5) could issue wildcard
11 > certificate?
12
13 $799 Geotrust (http://geotrust.com/web_security/truebusinessidwild.htm)
14 $449 InstantSSL (comodo chained to GTE Cybertrust) (http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl/wildcard-ssl-premiumssl_wildcard.html?currency=USD&region=North%20America&country=CA)
15 $449 Digicert (digicert chained to GTE Cybertrust) (http://www.digicert.com/wildcard-ssl-certificates.htm)
16 $299 Freessl (freessl chained to UTN USERFirst-Network) (http://www.freessl.com/chainedssl/chainedssl_wildcard.html)
17
18 There are more. The GTE/UTN chained certs should work in IE 5.0 and up, the
19 geotrust cert should work in anything newer than netscape/ie 4.
20 If you're getting a chained cert, might as well get the cheap one.
21 If you need compatibility, get the geotrust one.
22
23 -Sri