From: Kerin Millar <kerin@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Binary 'mirror' server?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:27:35
1 > On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:14:42AM -0700 or thereabouts, Jason Qualkenbush
2 > wrote:
3 >> Is there a document on this somewhere?
4 >
5 > You're talking about PORTAGE_BINHOST. man make.conf for more info.
6
7 Just to elaborate a little further, I would recommend maintaining a
8 consistent "profile" across all machines involved. That is, same USE
9 flags, same /etc/make.profile linkage and the contents of /etc/portage (if
10 any) should also be the same across the board.
11
12 Other than that, it should just be a matter of sharing $PKGDIR over ftp or
13 http, setting PORTAGE_BINHOST on the "clients" and ensuring that the
14 CFLAGS involved don't go beyond the lowest common demononinator in terms
15 of capabilities ;)
16
17 I would also suggest setting at least FEATURES="sandbox buildpkg" on the
18 package "server" for convenience. Having said that one might not always
19 wish to build binary packages for certain ebuilds (emerge --buildpkg
20 gentoo-dev-sources anyone?).
21
22 Regards,
23