From: "Spahn
To: "gentoo-server@l.g.o" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Questions about Server
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:00:25
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Robert Bridge [mailto:robert@××××××××.com]
3 Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 8:56 AM
4 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Questions about Server
6
7 On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:22:54 -0500
8 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
9
10 > > Robert Bridge wrote:
11 > > > On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 06:56:45 -0500
12 > > > "Spahn, Daniel" <DSpahn@×××××.com> wrote:
13 > > >
14 > > >> Is this project about how to configure Gentoo as a server OS, or is
15 > > >> it about creating a branch of Gentoo dedicated to being a server?
16 > > >> In either case, I have some suggestions...
17 > > >
18 > > > The former.
19 > >
20 > > Actually, it was originally the latter, but that project failed long
21 > > ago due to lack of time/interest on the part of the people working on
22 > > it. It's basically become the former.
23 >
24 > My apologies. I had not realised that, as that would be a project I
25 > would be interested in.
26 >
27 > I had been considering an overlay based structure, but never got very
28 > far with my thinking.
29
30 I'm not much of a coder, but I'll help how I can. I have a couple of servers running Gentoo, and plenty of ideas.
31
32 Dan