From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] dissapearing virtual maildirs
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 06:52:45
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Ow Mun Heng [mailto:Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com]
3 Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 3:42 AM
4 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
5 Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] dissapearing virtual maildirs
6
7 On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 15:46 +0200, Jean Blignaut wrote:
8 > I take it back some one messed up big time with a script
11 So, it's not lost. Just MOVED. :-)
16 Ow Mun Heng
19 Yes all the domains where moved under one maildir. I remembered later
20 that previous "dissapearances" where caused by users (staff) making
21 typos when deleting maildirs ( the script didn't have adequate error
22 checking ) I have not had the time or the will to code in seatbelts in
23 the delete script so
24 I removed it instead -- It turns out the my boss in his wisdom decided
25 to use one of my test scripts, that was part of a whole process
26 involving scripts passing info to more scripts (php getting info from
27 one db to another), out of context in a production environment.
28
29 So I was wondering if there is some way to devide file permissions into
30 more than just rwx how about "may be deleted by" - u/g/o and maybe "may
31 be created by" - u/g/o or some such (call it precation or maybe just
32 laziness to implement too much error checking in scripts) I hope that
33 some thing like this is covered by extended attributes or some thing but
34 I haven't had too much luck finding documentation on the subject.
35
36 Could any one point me in the right direction?
39 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list