From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@××××××××××.jp>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] postgres blockage
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 06:22:27
1 On Sunday 17 December 2006 14:56, Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > However, I wouldn't do it while the server is running in production (even
4 > > if there was no block).
5 >
6 > Yeah... and that sucks beyond belief. My virtual mail aliases are stored
7 > in a postgres db. So, while postgres is being updated, no one at any of
8 > my domains gets any mail. Great.
9 >
10 > It's days like this when I wonder why I ever bothered with gentoo.
11
12 It's not a Gentoo thing. It's not particularly safe to upgrade a database
13 while in production with any distribution - or on any OS for that matter. At
14 the very least, you should run through what you want to do on a test system
15 and make sure it goes smoothly first.
18 Jason Stubbs
19 --
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list