From: Brett Curtis <dashnu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Cyrus recovery help.
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:17:43
1 I have OpenXchange 7.5 running on Gentoo. Been using it since 7.5
2 came out and It has grown to be a really big dependency in our
3 company. So I had to buy support mainly for upgrade reasons. This
4 also means I had to buy SUSE Linux and end my 'all' gentoo server
5 network.
6
7 So here is the deal. I backup my cyrus-imap server by stopping the
8 server and rsyncing to a machine with a tape drive hooked up to it. A
9 fairly common approach to imap backup I think. Anyways now I am
10 trying to restore those directories on a different server (SUSE). I
11 prefer not to go to this list if I do not have to.
12
13 I took the entire /var/spool/imap directory and /var/imap and copied
14 it to the new server. Set up the imapd.conf to reflect the correct
15 directory structure and tried to reconstruct. No luck I am only
16 getting only the MailBoxes and not the actual mails.
17
18 What needs to happen for me to get this working?
19
20 I have tried the following
21
22 su - cyrus su cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct"
23
24 this again built the mailboxes (folders)
25
26 then I tried
27
28 su cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -f -r user/myuser"
29
30 and still I can not see mail messages.
31
32 the -m option appears to be something I may want but that feature
33 seems to be unavailable.
34
35 What am I missing?
36