From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Trouble mounting Windows Share using cifs
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 03:46:22
1 > modprobe cifs?
2
3 I tried creating a new kernel with all of the cifs options as a module. However, modprobe doesn't
4 find it as a module. I am pretty sure that my previous kernel had it built into the kernel
5 already. Although I must admit, I am still just a beginner at building modules. I usually go
6 with the defaults in the gentoo manual and I mostly follow the recommendations from the help
7 menues from menuconfig.
8
9 modprobe -l only shows:
10
11 ~ # modprobe -l
12 /lib/modules/2.6.17-gentoo-r7/kernel/drivers/md/faulty.ko
13 /lib/modules/2.6.17-gentoo-r7/kernel/drivers/block/rd.ko
14
15 modprobe cifs give:
16
17 FATAL: Module cifs not found.