From: Lance Lassetter <lance@×××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] LDAP virtual server question
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:28:57
1 On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 13:16 -0500, Kenny Mann wrote:
2 > I'm planning on implementing LDAP (just to play -- I've done the same in
3 > MySQL already)
4 > I'd like to do virtual hosting, which would involve Apache and Postfix.
5 > For now, I'm researching the Postfix stuff.
6 > I have 'Deploying OpenLDAP by Tom Jackiewicz' and an O'Reilly one as well,
7 > but they don't explain it in enough detai lthat I understand it.
8 > I'm thinking I need to make the top container an organization and add
9 > domains below that, but not 100% certain of how.
10 > The question I have is can someone point me a direction as to where I can
11 > learn the structure and meanings of the dc, ou, etc so I can figure out the
12 > layout of the DIT?
13 >
14 > Thanks!
15 >
16 > Kenny
20 Kenny,
21
22 phpldapadmin helped me tremendously to understand things. i'm new to it
23 as well and use it for a remote addressbook. that way no matter if i
24 lose the client app my addressbook is still there on the server.
25
26 hth,
27
28 lance(stuNNed)