From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Server goes down twice in two days, looking for input
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:32:05
1 Yogesh Sharma wrote:
2 > fire-eyes wrote:
5 >>I have two cards. #1 is an onboard, #2 is an addon.
6 >>
7 >>1) Intel EEPro 100
8 >>2) Broadcom BCM5701 gigabit
12 > May be it is not related to your issue but I have one IBM A-PRO with
13 > Broadcom. While using tg3 driver server it stopped responding couple of
14 > times. After switching to BCM57xx driver it is running fine.
15
16 That's curious. I am using the tg3 driver. I wasn't aware there was
17 another, I'll have to dig around in the kernel config.
18
19 I've also come accross additional info, there is a windows server on
20 this network, with the same card. It has experienced similar issues.
21
22 If it is related to the network card I'd be surprised, it's been in
23 there over four months. And I've been on this kernel for about 3 months.
24
25 I'll keep this in mind, thanks!
28 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list