From: Sri Gupta <oopsz@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] MySQL-4.1 and <- Max
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:42:58
1 On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 10:54:29PM -0600, Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
2 > Another thing - MySQL's new cluster'd server technology (appropriately
3 > named MySQL Cluster) is available in the MySQL Max distribution. (For
4 > those who don't know, Max is basically the same thing as the standard
5 > MySQL server package, along with some not-quite-ready for common use
6 > functionality like the BDB table handler and such.) Now, MySQL-4.1.7 is
7 > available and the Max release has the Cluster components packaged in;
8 > has anything like the Max thing ever been available in Portage? It looks
9 > like the mysql ebuild is simply the standard Server package. Having a
10 > Max package would be nice in order to get ahold of the MySQL Cluster
11 > components.
12
13 I believe the delineation between mysql and mysql max only applies to binary
14 distributions, as you can compile the source to either using the right
15 configure options. I may be wrong, though.
16
17 -Sri