From: Johan Marcusson <johani87@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Apache2 cgi errors
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:33:56
1 Hi!
2 I keep getting (for me) mysterious error messages from
3 Apache when someone is using cgi scripts. They come
4 about every 10th time or so when you execute an cgi
5 script. The output on the client is "Internal Server
6 Error" and nothing more, in the error log I get this:
7
8 (11)Resource temporarily unavailable: couldn't spawn
9 child process:
10 /var/www/cgi-bin/cgiirc/client-perl.cgi, referer:
11 http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi?serv=se.quakenet.org&nick=ozamosi&interface=ie&R=tkw3lv55ais&item=fwindowlist&style=default
12
13 Character in 'c' format wrapped in pack at
14 modules/parse.pl line 35., referer:
15 http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi?serv=se.quakenet.org&nick=ozamosi&interface=ie&R=tkw3lv55ais&item=fwindowlist&style=default
16
17 There error messages are from cgi:irc but it's the
18 same with OddMuse wiki. I got about 100MB free RAM,
19 150MB cached RAM and 1GB free swap, so why do I get
20 "Resource temporarily unavailable: couldn't spawn
21 child process" errors? And what does the other error
22 message mean? Is there some more information you need?
23 If so, I'll send it right away!
24
25 Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html