From: "Michael Stewart (vericgar)" <vericgar@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: mod_rewrite issue after upgrading to apache-2.0.54-r31
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 02:24:01
1 Erik Anderson wrote:
2 > On 10/31/05, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>Hmmm...this is how I've had to do mine from the start (the vhosts, that
5 >>is). What version were you upgrading from?
8 > I can't remember the exact version, but the old version was from
9 > before the apache herd switched over from the old config style
10 > (commonapache.conf & apache2.conf) to the new (httpd.conf) style.
11 >
12 > Everything is working now - I pretty much ended up deleting all of the
13 > old config files, re-emerging to get the clean configs and then
14 > re-building the vhost config. So all in all, I'm not sure what was
15 > keeping mod_rewrite from working, but I'm happy now, with the rules in
16 > my .htaccess working fine.
17 >
18 > Thanks all for your help.
19 > -Erik
22 You were on the right track with AllowOverride. I suspect you had it
23 defined in multiple conflicting places. The new apache configuration has
24 AllowOverride None by default. This means that it needs to be changed
25 (preferable on a per directory basis) to allow certain directives in
26 .htaccess.
29 Michael Stewart vericgar@g.o
30 Gentoo Developer http://dev.gentoo.org/~vericgar
31