From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: gs-sources - gone!?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:17:21
1 Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
2 > One question - since 2.6 has gone to the "official" stable kernel at
3 > kernel.org, how long can users of hardened-sources count on it being a
4 > stable, maintained offering from the hardened team? (Before it would be
5 > advisable to move to a 2.6 series kernel?)
6
7 Our default supported kernels are still 2.4 based and these are still
8 maintained. We plan to make 2.6 the default in time for the 2005.0 release and
9 will encourage existing users to switch at the same time.
10
11 I'd expect the answer to your question is yes, hardened-sources-2.4 will still
12 be maintained/supported even when 2.6 is default, but for how long I don't
13 know..you'd be better off asking the hardened guys, I have no involvement with
14 hardened-sources.
15
16 Daniel