From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo as Firewall on HP ProLiant DL360 G5
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 03:15:15
1 On Mar 14, 2014 12:35 AM, "Michael Orlitzky" <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 03/12/2014 04:26 PM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > > Hello list!
5 > >
6 > > I want to install Gentoo as headless firewalls on a pair of HP ProLiant
7 > > DL360 G5 servers we happen to have lying around.
8 > >
9 > > Are there special issues I need to be aware of before embarking on this
10 > > endeavor?
13 > Nothing special, you already know about the raid controller. We don't
14 > use any of the HP management stuff but sys-apps/cciss_vol_status will
15 > alert you if any of your drives fail.
18 Thanks!
19
20 I just found out about app-admin/hp-health [1] from barzog-overlay [2]. Do
21 you think I should emerge that?
22
23 (Note: I am aware that the package's ebuild refers to an HP repo that's no
24 longer updated; I'll just adapt the ebuild to refer to another HP repo)
25
26 [1] http://gpo.zugaina.org/app-admin/hp-health
27 [2] https://code.google.com/p/barzog-gentoo-overlay/
28