From: Chris <chris@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Sata controller for a backupserver!
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:11:01
1 I will also put my vote in for 3ware. Using them here on 2 systems and
2 they really are great cards.
3 Chris
4
5 Marcus Andersson wrote:
6 > On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 06:58 -0400, Sean Cook wrote:
7 >
8 >>I highly recommend any of the 3ware cards. The promise raid controlers
9 >>that I have used have always been problimatic. Usually at the driver
10 >>level. Never had a single problem with the 3ware cards.
13 >>From what I've heard there has been problem with therre raidcards since
14 > the driversthey have released is closed-source precompiled for redhat or
15 > suse.... but this is not a raidcard and the driver is not distribution
16 > specific but rather kernel specific 2.4 or 2.6
17 >
18 > I really appressiate the input and I will have a look at 3ware.
19 >
20 > Thanks
21 >
22 > /marcus
23 >
24 >>Marcus Andersson wrote:
27 >>>Hi I'm in the process of setting up a new backupserver and has gotten my
28 >>>sight set on a controllercard from promise called SATAII150 SX8.
29 >>>
30 >>>There is som opensource driver to be downloaded from promise so my
31 >>>question to you all is... Is there anyone out there who has gotten this
32 >>>to work under Linux (gentoo)?
33 >>>
34 >>>If you have gaotten this to work where you satisfied with the card or
35 >>>would you recomend something else?
36 >>>
37 >>>
38 >>>/marcus
39 >>>