From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SPAM protection by requesting confirmation
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:04:42
1 Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com> said:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Sorry for OT, but I wanna install spam-protection tool based on
5 > confirmation email request (somebody send me email, my tool delay that
6 > email and automatically reply requesting confirmation, he confirm, my
7 > tool receive that confirmation and: 1) add his email to while-list; 2)
8 > deliver his initial email to my mailbox). I'm aware about several such
9 > tools, but I'm not sure how they handle incoming emails from other
10 > robots - like mail lists, or some news subscriptions and notifications
11 > from websites.
12 >
13 > I just don't wanna put myself in position like other people who spam
14 > maillists I read with senseless messages from their tools like
15 > autoresponders or so...
16 >
17 > Can anybody recommend me tool which is able to correctly handle these
18 > cases? To be honest, I don't see a way to realize this feature... :(
19 > Ability to protect all accounts at our email domain is good to have,
20 > but personal-only tool is acceptable too. (I use qmail, if this is
21 > important.)
22
23 perhaps qconfirm is what you are looking for:
24 http://smarden.org/qconfirm/
25
26 generally you should ignore all mail which sets the Precedence: bulk
27 header. as this is non-standard you should also check for some other
28 stuff explained here: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3834.txt
29
30 IMHO, though, concepts like you describe are a bad idea...
31
32 kind regards
33 Thilo