From: EBo <ebo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:23:56
1 On Feb 25 2014 5:17 AM, Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 04:17 -0700, EBo wrote:
3 >
4 >> Now, I'm back off to NASA to work with our own interns.
5 >>
6 >> Oh, in parting. I had not known that Chrome OS is Gentoo based...
7 >>
8 >> EBo --
9 >
10 > Initially it was based on Ubuntu, I'm not sure when/why the made the
11 > switch exactly, but I think Spanky could probably say.
12 >
13 > You can read all about it here[1][2]. It definitely has some
14 > interesting features (imo) that would be nice to have in a plain
15 > Linux
16 > system, though I think they have it a bit easier as they have some
17 > pretty specific hardware choices that they have to support.
18 >
19 > 1. http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide
20 > 2.
21 >
22 > http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide#TOC-External-documentation
23
24 I will read through this this evening (off the clock), but I would be
25 very interested in hearing some of the details from Spanky if they can
26 say...
27
28 EBo --