From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:39:05
1 On 20/02/14 20:07, EBo wrote:
2 > I just ran into something that would likely make a seriously nice
3 > addition to Gentoo...
4 >
5 > It turns out that many distributions are moving away from the init style
6 > services to using systemd. A month or so ago I needed some toolchain
7 > that required systemd instead of init. I took the plunge and upgraded.
8 > The problem I am having now is that there are no documents detailing how
9 > to set up bridges, routers, and advanced networking using systemd on
10 > Gentoo. Having a decent how-to with updated ebuilds would be a godsend.
11
12 Or make so a toolchain doesn't depend on systemd (whichever the part it
13 might or might require).
14
15 lu