From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 6
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 03:40:12
2 > On 12/07/2020 16:42, Zhang Zongyu wrote:
3 > > The reason why I have to install binaries varies. Here are the main reasons:
4 > > 1. Maven central only distributes binary jars (even those jars are
5 > > named with a "sources" suffix). I will fix the problem by changing the
6 > > SRC_URI of a proper source code file next week.
7 >
8 > Could you show me a sources jar that doesn't contain sources? Just
9 > curious, I've never ran into any.
10
11 I am so sorry that it was a huge mistake. :(
12 I forgot to clear the old jars of in my ${DISTDIR}, and filenames of
13 some pre-built jars and source-code-jars happened to be the same.
14 I recognized it as *-sources.jars with pre-built class files. I am really
15 sorry for the misleading, and I will fix the problem this week.
16
17 > In principle, a Maven repository can contain any files, so it's
18 > possible, but in general, if a project uses Maven sources plugin, the
19 > jar should contain sources just right. Those sources however aren't
20 > intended to be compiled on their own, they serve as documentation or are
21 > used for IDE autocomplete.
22 >
23 > You'd need to checkout the project's repository (including the build
24 > tools) to be able to build the project in general.
25
26 Thanks for the advice. I am going to do so.
27
28 > > 2. The source code files are not written in Java. Some Jars contain
29 > > Ruby, Scala, Kotlin, or Lombok codes. [3] Maybe we should discuss how
30 > > to emerge those packages next week.
31 >
32 > Just a note, Lombok isn't a language, but Java compiler plugin that
33 > generates bytecode from annotations at compile time.
34 >
35 > Scala and Kotlin are a common sight, as they compile into the same
36 > bytecode that JVM can run.
39 It seems they can all work with Java, so I am not surprised that they
40 appear in Maven Central.
41 I will learn about those languages and may have to extend
42 java-pkg-simple to compile them in the next few weeks.
43
44 Regards,
45 Zhang Zongyu