From: "Jiale Pan (Kyle Pan)" <kyle.j.pan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java IDE integration Weekly report #11
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:19:50
1 Hi All,
2
3 GenEclipse is a plugin which helps you manipulate project's build path
4 in Eclipse. The plugin can list all packages(containing jars) on your
5 system (i.e. every package under /usr/share/package-name/) for you to
6 choose, filter and select. The select ones can be imported into your
7 project’s buildpath automatically. Then you can use the jars in your
8 project just like they were added as “external archives” or “User
9 Library” you may have done a lot. With this plugin, you no longer need
10 to manually locate, which means boring path browsing job to get to the
11 path where the jar resides, again and again for every jar you’d like to
12 include in the build path.
15 The last week I did the following things:
16 1. preference page finished and tested.
17 2. Exception Dialog implementation
18 3. solved duplicity when user adds one package that is already in the
19 classpath
20 4. a lot of code clean-ups
21 5. adds some docs for src
22 6. update the update site
23 7. wrote the user manual
24
25 The state of this project is close to be finished and the plugin is
26 ready for use. I've wrote the specific installation and usage
27 instruction on my Gsoc blog:
28
29 http://jialepan.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/geneclipse-plugin-user-manual/
30 You can follow that to test and use the plugin and feedback is highly
31 welcomed. I'll be very glad if this plugin can help in your development
32 work in Eclipse.
33
34 The last week of GSoc's plan is some small finishing up work(such as src
35 code clean up , more code comments) and bug fix according to feedback.
39 And Last but not least, I'd like to give my special thanks to Serkan for
40 mentoring me. You helped me so much and I learned a lot including Python
41 language, Eclipse's classpath containers and java-config. Thank Donnie
42 ,dol-sen and other people helped me in IRC channel. Also thank Google
43 and Gentoo for giving me such a chance having a great experience of this
44 Gsoc.
47 I'll continue staying and maintaining the project after Gsoc. I also
48 want to be a developer of Gentoo if I'm qualified.
49 --
50 Best regards,
51 Jiale Pan(Kyle Pan)