From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 7
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 17:10:54
1 Hello,
2
3 This week I mostly worked on the java-pkg-simple.eclass.[1]
4
5 I tried to make use of the variables listed in java-ebuilder, including
6 ${JAVA_TEST_SRC_DIRS}, ${JAVA_RESOURCES_DIRS},
7 ${JAVA_MAIN_CLASS}, and so on.
8 Besides, there are two more variables in the eclass called
9 ${JAVA_BINJAR_FILENAME} and ${JAVA_LAUNCHER_FILENAME}.
10 ${JAVA_BINJAR_FILENAME} indicates the binary file that will be
11 compared with our natively compiled jar file, and it also enables the
12 possibility to install itself directly, which may help us avoid circular
13 deps.
14 ${JAVA_LAUNCHER_FILENAME} specifies the name of the launcher
15 script for the jar, it works together with ${JAVA_MAIN_CLASS}.
16 You can test the new eclass by emerging "java-ebuilder::spark-overlay"
17 and "dev-java:commons-io:0". [2]
18
19 Also, there are some bugfixes for java-ebuilder, which you can check in [3].
20
21 I hope that the eclass is working well and if it is going well we may start
22 to go through the review process this week.
23
24 Regards,
25 Zhang Zongyu
26
27 [1] the modified java-pkg-simple.eclass
28 https://github.com/6-6-6/spark-overlay/blob/master/eclass/java-pkg-simple.eclass
29 [2] ebuild of dev-java/commons-io using java-pkg-simple
30 https://github.com/6-6-6/spark-overlay/blob/master/dev-java/commons-io/commons-io-2.6-r1.ebuild
31 [3] java-ebuilder
32 https://github.com/6-6-6/java-ebuilder