From: Angel Perivolaropoulos <justthisthing@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo-GPG: Week 8 Report
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 18:31:05
1 Hello,
2
3 This was my eight week in the GSoC for the project Gentoo-GPG. For the
4 second half, I will be developing the new MetaManifest system that will
5 provide an efficient and secure way to verify the integrity of Gentoo
6 distribution.
7
8 My work for this week was to:
9
10 - Add signature verification to my MetaManifest script using the Gkeys
11 interface from Gentoo Keys.
12 - Add manifest verification that passes through all repo levels of the tree
13 to my script.
14 - Add the option for the user to verify the package manifests that include
15 the DIST files by excluding them from the verification.
16 - Made some test cases and added them to my test tree.
17 - Debugged and optimised the script.
18
19 My plan for next week is to:
20
21 - Add more test cases according to my mentors' feedback.
22 - Show my script to other Gentoo devs, as well, for more feedback.
23 - Optimise, debug and fix according to the suggestions given from the above.
24
25 - aeroniero