From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] libbash weekly report #4
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:23:34
1 This week I’ve made an important change to bash function implementation.
2 So far we can generate correct metadata for 7927 ebuilds. Here’s what I
3 have done:
4
5 supported not equals in arithmetic expansion
6 supported array offset expansion like ${*:1:2} and ${a[@]:1:2}
7 improved the implementation for bash functions
8 supported shopt -p
9 supported declare -p
10 supported printf
11 supported $#
12 fixed case statement with empty body
13 removed unnecessary abstractions in the implementation of arithmetic
14 expansion
15 filed new stories from the output of instruo
16
17 In the coming week, I’ll:
18
19 Support bash redirection for all kinds of commands
20 support $-
21 fix problems with built-in test
22 support brace expansion
23 cache parsing failures
24 support indirect reference in arithmetic expansion
25 support escaped characters in double quoted string
26 fix bugs in arithmetic expansion
27 continue working on the story for the CI server
28
29 Till now, we have supported most of the language features that are
30 needed for metadata generation. But there are a lot of small problems
31 that we have to handle. The most difficult part is to improve the parser
32 grammar. Even a small change to the grammar could break a lot of things
33 because the grammar is already complicated. So our progress may be
34 slowed down when I have to deal with parser grammar improvement.
35
36 Hope we can get more stuff fixed in the next couple of weeks.
39 Best wishes,
40 Mu Qiao
41 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9