From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New gentoo packages -- report #8
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 03:05:38
1 On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 12:59 +0300, Slava Bacherikov wrote:
2 > Hello all.
3 >
4 > My project task is creating new version of packages.gentoo.org site.
5 > You could find it on
6 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoo-packages.git;a=summary
7 > or on https://github.com/bacher09/gentoo-packages
8 > If you want to submit feature request you may do this by assign issue on
9 > github to me.
12 > I created changelog parser (now it not ideal, i plan
13 > also little extend it) but some packages have bad data in changelog (for
14 > example bad date in cdrtools "*cdrtools-1.11.29 (12 Ayg 2002)" typo
15 > error in Aug).
16
17 There are more problems than just a few typo's. In gentoolkit we've had
18 to ignore some areas that would otherwise cause problems in equery's
19 changelog. Check out what gentoolkit does for those. You may not need
20 it, but check.
23 > My changelog parser could fix some typos errors like
24 > these that I have shown. But some packages have little different format
25 > of changelog, that also trouble.
26 > I've also made some fixes in design and in code.
30 > Plans for the this week:
31 > Highlight changelog, save latest changelog section, add to package some
32 > data from newest ebuild in that package (like homepages, etc)
33
34 Been there done that :)
35
36 It is quite simple, have a look at porthole's code. It should be easy
37 to adapt to django use with very little changes needed. You will need
38 to change it to use django/web colors instead of gtk ones. Change
39 porthole's portage_lib calls to your PM backend code. Change the
40 gtk.Buffer to an html/xml string. But the highlighting/parsing code is
41 there and works.
42
43 blog: http://dol-sen.blogspot.ca/2009/12/changelog.html
44
45 Code:
46 http://porthole.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=porthole/porthole;a=blob;f=porthole/views/changelog.py;h=97ed9016e83ca8d11888946346fa4d000e88bb9d;hb=HEAD
47 http://porthole.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=porthole/porthole;a=blob;f=porthole/views/markup.py;h=4456f25058a6dd2db5a16b571e2f537c6ca553fb;hb=HEAD
50 Using that code, it should not take very long to convert/implement.
51 I stopped short of making the email addresses click-able. They should
52 use bugzilla rather than email people directly.
55 If you have more questions, you know where to find me :)
56 --
57 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>