From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] PMS Test Suite, weekly report #5
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:40:48
1 Hello, all.
2
3 Short summary: PMS Test Suite is a suite of tools and a test library
4 to test any of the Gentoo Package Managers for compliance against
5 the Package Manager Specification.
6
7 As I mentioned earlier, this was a very busy week at the uni, so I
8 couldn't spend so many time on the project as I wanted to. I'm still
9 ahead of the original schedule, although I didn't complete all
10 of the plans for this week -- I failed to add additional tests.
11
12 This week brought:
13 - checking whether the old test unmerge actually succeeded,
14 - support for gid&umask handling to ensure userpriv-friendliness,
15 - initial pkgcore support (though relying on repoman),
16 - support for referencing the test repository by name (instead of path),
17 - support for limiting the number of packages passed to a single PM
18 call (either specified by user or by PM, if `--keep-going'
19 is unsupported).
20
21 As for non-code efforts:
22 - I wrote a blog entry about passing data from tests to the suite [1],
23 - started submitting another patch to the PMS [2] (I forgot to mention
24 the first one which got already applied [3]).
25
26 Next week should bring:
27 - some docs on test library format (structure?),
28 - finally some other test.
29
30 I'm not adding more plans for the week as my uni is going to take me
31 a lot of time.
32
33 [1]:https://blogs.gentoo.org/mgorny/2011/06/07/pms-test-suite-getting-the-test-results/
34 [2]:http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-pms/msg_edf6940f0247659ae106cb6129d1fd75.xml