From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Multiple Repository Support in Portage - Week 3
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:36:38
1 On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2010/6/16 Otávio Pontes <otaviobp@×××××.com>:
3 >> I couldn't find in paludis documentation (nor in pkgcore) where should
4 >> go repository name when using useflags to emerge a package.
5 >
6 > I don't think it's considered "right" to depend on a /repository/.
7 > Instead, you depend on packages, versions, slots and useflags, but if
8 > you really want to be able to do this I guess you should speak with
9 > the PM devs.
12 I agree with this. I believe that the primary usage was for
13 command-line specification, and perhaps per-repo mask-reverting in
14 package.mask, etc. Definitely not for usage in the gentoo-x86 tree,
15 and *very strongly* discouraged for overlays.
19 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
20
21 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team